The Ring Pen Ultra builds on the successful design of the earlier No-Grip Ring Pen by providing the same "gripless" functionality but now with the capability to accommodate virtually any pen, pencil, or even paint brushes.
While intended to serve the needs of those who cannot grip it also offers all users the chance to work with a more relaxed hand, reducing the potential for the development of RSI related to the tight grip required to control most writing devices. While designed for right-handed users the Ring Pen Ultra can also be used on the left hand. Left-handed use will offer a lesser degree of control but will still greatly reduce the grip force required to hold and control the attached device.
The same features which make the Ring Pen Ultra successful as a writing aid also make it well suited to serve as an eating utensil holder for those who have difficulty holding or manipulating a fork or spoon. Utensils can be easily inserted into the Ultra, creating "gripless" control and restoring independence and dignity to those who might otherwise have extreme difficulty or be completely unable to hold the utensils.
The Ring Pen Ultra is available in three sizes—Small, Medium, and Large—thus providing a solution to suit virtually any user, be they a child or an adult with large fingers. The Small will accommodate children and those with very small hands, the Medium will accommodate most women with average sized hands, and the Large should work for most men.
- Provides "Grip-Free" Control: The unique design of the Ring Pen Ultra means that it does not require a grip. The Ring Pen Ultra is held in place by the passive pressure which the adjoining finger and thumb natural exert, requiring virtually zero effort. Because the Ring Pen Ultra is positioned "over" the finger the pen remains in place even when the hand is permitted to fully relax and open.
- Works with most Pens and Pencils: The sleeve which holds the pen or pencil barrel can expand to fit most diameters of device so users are able to choose their favourite pens.
- Semi-Ambidextrous Design: Although designed for use by right-handed users, it is also possible for left-handed users to use the Ring Pen Ultra. For left handed users the pen or utensil is positioned between the middle and index fingers. This position offers a lesser degree of control than right-handed users will experience but still greatly reduces the need to grip the writing instrument or utensil.
- Accommodates Virtually All Hand Sizes: With 3 sizes available users are able to select the model which best fits their hand size. The Small is best suited for children or those with very small hands, the Medium will accommodate most women with average sized hands, and the Large will fit all except those with very large hands or very swollen joints.
- Multi-Purpose: The design of the Ring Pen Ultra means that not only does it serve well as a pen, pencil, or paintbrush holder, it can also be used to restore freedom and dignity to those who have difficulty holding eating utensils. The clean design of the Ring Pen Ultra offers a means of using both forks and spoons without the visual distraction and hygienic concerns of large foam tube handles that are often used to provide utensil control.
- Fully Washable: The all-plastic design means that the Ring Pen Ultra can be easily cleaned.
- Eliminates "Gripping" - The Ring Pen Ultra eliminates the need to "grip" a pen, pencil, or eating utensil. Because the Ring Pen Ultra is placed "over" the finger it is held in place, even when the hand is relaxed. A very slight pressure from the thumb and the middle finger provide full control for even fine movements. The Ultra converts the attached device into an extension of your index finger.
- Eliminates Writer's Cramp - The grip that many people employ while writing results in a continuous level of tension in the fingers and hand. Intensive writing can lead to the development of Writer's Cramp and for some people this can become a debilitating condition. The Ring Pen Ultra addresses this issue by providing for "grip free" control of the writing device, enabling the writer to lightly support the pen with the thumb and middle finger.
- Firm Yet Yielding Material - The composition of the Ring Pen is a firm but yielding material called thermoplastic polyurethane, a mixture between hard plastic and soft silicon. This prevents any pressure points while providing sufficient rigidity and strength to deliver complete control while writing.
Size: Small, Medium, or Large
Color: Yellow, Blue, or Black
**NOTE: Size and Color Correspond
Small Yellow (40065) UPC: 873704007527
Medium Blue (40066) UPC: 873704001822
Large Black (40067) UPC: 873704001839
Pack of 3 - One of Each Size (40068)
Free shipping is standard ground shipping (carrier of our choice) within the 48 Contiguous United States ONLY. Free shipping only applies to orders going to a single address in the Contiguous USA. Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii addresses are excluded from free shipping promotions.
Delivery estimates for free shipping are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (4-8 business days). Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii addresses are excluded from free shipping promotions.
Delivery estimates for standard shipping (US, Alaska & Hawaii) are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday - excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (3-5 business days).
Delivery estimates for expedited service are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (1-3 business days).
Local In-Store pickup is available if chosen at checkout.
See our Shipping Policy for further detail.
Terms and Conditions: The Therapy Connection reserves the right to cancel any order at any time.
All items in New, Unused, and Resalable Condition with all original packaging and inserts intact will not incur a restocking fee if returned within the 30-day Return Period.
Request and RMA # by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
*See our Return/Refund Policy for additional information on returns and refunds.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.