ProvaMed Provale Cup - The Small Sips Cup for Dysphagia
The Provale Cup Delivers a Fixed Amount of Thin Liquids With Every Typical Drinking Motion.
Clinical Benefits: Designed for people with dysphagia, The Provale Cup delivers “small sips” of thin liquids with every normal drinking motion. This may promote safer swallowing and allow the user more independence by putting hydration and nutrition within their reach.
- May help eliminate the need for pre-thickened liquids
- May give individuals more independence and lessen caregiver supervision
- Patented anti-suck mechanism prevents over-delivery of fluids for ease and safety of swallowing
- Good nose clearance to minimize head tilt
- The transparent cup allows observance of the liquid intake level
- The Technology: Designed for those with dysphagia, the Provale Cup delivers a fixed measured dose of fluid. When the cup is tilted in a typical drinking motion, liquid travels out of a measurement device. Before any additional liquid is released for consumption, the cup must be returned to an upright position and the drinking motion repeated. With each drinking action, the cup dispenses a small amount (5 cc or 10 cc) of liquid that many people with dysphagia may be able to safely consume.
- Assembly and Disassembly: The Provale Cup is designed as a cup within a cup so it is easy to assemble and disassemble. It is top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
Safety & Independence: For those living with swallowing disorders (dysphagia), the simple task of drinking can be a daunting challenge. Because those with dysphagia have a higher risk of choking, they may require constant assistance from a caregiver which can result in feeling a loss of independence.
- Physically, individuals with dysphagia may experience dehydration and malnourishment. Of greater concern is that more than 40,000 Americans die each year from aspiration pneumonia, a complication related to dysphagia.
- FDA Approved: The Cup is manufactured in an ISO/GMP FDA registered facility and meets strict quality control standards.
- Promotes Independence: Designed to resemble a “travel mug”. Maintains an individual’s dignity and can be used in the clinical, home or outdoor setting.
- Patented Design: Patented "anti-suck" design to help prevent potential over delivery
- Fixed Amount: Delivers a fixed amount of liquids every time, helping eliminate the need for thickener
- Accuracy: Color-coded cups help ensure accurate fluid delivery
- Not for use with thickened liquids.
- Can be assembled with one or two handles.
- Metered flow cup for those living with dysphagia.
- 5cc Cup: Delivers a fixed amount of 5cc liquids (1 tsp).
- 100cc Cup: Delivers a fixed amount of 10cc liquids (2 tsp).
Size: Holds 8 ounces of fluid.
Available in 5 or 10 cc limited delivery
5cc Cup - Single (1900) UPC: 603865019004
5cc - 5 Pack Cups (1900-5PK)
10cc Cup - Single (1901) UPC: 603865019011
10cc - 5 Pack Cups (1901-5PK)
Replacement Lid - 10cc (RMP108RL)
Replacement Lid - 5cc (RMP058RL)
Please Note: Because individual patient needs differ, a trained healthcare professional must make the decision on product use and patient independence.
Assembly and Disassembly
- Determine if you would like handles. If so, decide how many.
- The cup can be used with one handle or both handles.
- Once this choice is made, slide each handle into one of the grooves on the side of the outer cup.
- Once in the groove, pull the handle upward until a light snap is heard and the "ledge" of the handle is over the lip of the cup.
- WARNING: ONCE PROPERLY ATTACHED, HANDLES CANNOT BE REMOVED. ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE HANDLES WILL DAMAGE THE CUP AND CAUSE CUP LEAKAGE.
Assembling the Cup
- Wash all Provale Cup parts before use.
- Before use, determine the correct Cup to be used: the 5cc Blue Cup or the 10cc Brown Cup.
BEFORE ASSEMBLY AND FOR CORRECT DELIVERY, CONFIRM THAT THE INNER AND OUTER CUP PARTS ARE THE SAME COLOR: BLUE FOR 5CC AND BROWN FOR 10 CC.
After the handles are locked into place, there are three cup parts to assemble:
- outer cup
- mid cup
- lid (top)
- Assemble the mid cup and the lid (top) and snap them together; an audible "click" should be heard. These parts can only be assembled one way.
- Place the outer cup on a flat surface.
- When adding thin liquid to be delivered, fill the outer cup to or below the fill line located on the inside of the outer cup. Do not overfill or the cup may leak. The fill line is approximately eight (8) ounces.
- Place the mid cup/lid (top) assembly into the outer cup and press down on the edges of the assembly. A slight audible "click" should be heard.
- The Cup is ready to be used.
Disassembly and Washing
Disassembling the Cup
- Place the assembled cup on a flat surface.
- Pull on the tab and surface area around the tab and remove the lid (top)/mid cup assembly from the outer cup.
- Using the tab and surface area around the tab, separate the lid (top) from the mid cup by holding the shaft of the mid cup in one hand and pulling on the tab with the other. Experience has shown that holding this assembly close to your chest while dissembling will increase leverage to separate these parts.
Washing the Cup
It is imperative that the lid and mid cup be separated for the washing process in order to fully clean and sterilize the cup.
Once disassembled, place parts upside down on the top rack of the dishwasher. The product has been tested in the top rack of an industrial dishwasher, up to a 180°F. Or hand wash each part in hot, soapy water.
After washing and rinsing, dry the parts as you would do with other dishware.
Using the Cup
This device is not specific to any individual, but should be thoroughly cleaned before reusing.
Free shipping is standard ground shipping (carrier of our choice) within the 48 Contiguous United States ONLY. Free shipping only applies to orders going to a single address in the Contiguous USA. Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii addresses are excluded from free shipping promotions.
Delivery estimates for free shipping are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (4-8 business days). Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii addresses are excluded from free shipping promotions.
Delivery estimates for standard shipping (US, Alaska & Hawaii) are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday - excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (3-5 business days).
Delivery estimates for expedited service are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (1-3 business days).
Local In-Store pickup is available if chosen at checkout.
See our Shipping Policy for further detail.
Terms and Conditions: The Therapy Connection reserves the right to cancel any order at any time.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.