- The exchange of calcium ions within the dressing with sodium ions, which are present in the exudate, transforms the alginate into a moist gel.
- Facilitates moist wound healing by maintaining a moist environment.
- Has haemostatic properties due to calcium ion release from the alginate dressing in contact with body fluids.
- Reduces risk of maceration only one layer of exudate is maintained at the wound surface but excess exudate is absorbed.
- Helps to clean the wound bacteria are trapped in the gel formed by the exudate absorbed and are then removed during dressing change.
- Easily cut to size customisable application.
- Highly flexible fibres conform to every wound base.
- Excellent wet integrity easily removed intact.
- Retains exudate in gel; reduces leakage risk and keeps patient as active as possible.
- Wet integrity enables rapid dressing changes and minimal patient discomfort.
- High absorption reduces number of dressing changes.
Quantity: 1 box of 10
Size: 2" x 2", 4" x 4", or 4" x 8"
Manufacturer: BSN Medical
- Moderate to heavily exuding wounds
- Shallow and deep wounds
- Venous ulcer
- Pressure ulcer
- Arterial ulcer
- Diabetic ulcer
- Skin donor sites
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Superficial and partial thickness burns
- Maintains a moist environment
- Fast gelling
- Highly absorbant
- Retains the exudate in a gel
- Excellent wet integrity
2" x 2", Box of 10 (7263408) GTIN: 4042809635447
4" x 4", Box of 10 (7263409) GTIN: 4042809635645
4" x 8", Box of 10 (7263410) GTIN: 4042809635669
Free shipping is standard ground shipping (carrier of our choice) within the 48 Contiguous United States ONLY. Free shipping only applies to orders going to a single address in the Contiguous USA. Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii addresses are excluded from free shipping promotions.
Delivery estimates for free shipping are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (4-8 business days). Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii addresses are excluded from free shipping promotions.
Delivery estimates for standard shipping (US, Alaska & Hawaii) are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday - excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (3-5 business days).
Delivery estimates for expedited service are calculated in business days (Monday through Friday -excludes weekends and holidays) and are a product of two factors; processing time (1-2 business days) plus transit time (1-3 business days).
Local In-Store pickup is available if chosen at checkout.
See our Shipping Policy for further detail.
Terms and Conditions: The Therapy Connection reserves the right to cancel any order at any time.
All items in New, Unused, and Resalable Condition with all original packaging and inserts intact will not incur a restocking fee if returned within the 30-day Return Period.
Request and RMA # by contacting email@example.com
*See our Return/Refund Policy for additional information on returns and refunds.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.